Home > News > Write Your MP Now — A Pledge for Israel
On June 8 we will all have the opportunity to cast our votes in the General Election.
Many issues will contribute to each person’s final determination on the candidates placed before them.
Sussex Friends of Israel urgently recommends that you consider Israel in determining how you vote.
Britain has been one of Israel’s staunchest allies since its rebirth in 1948, but over the last number of years the UK Parliament has been a place where an anti-Israel narrative has been incubated.
One of the reasons that Israel has been misrepresented in Parliament is because MPs and members of the House of Lords have been given a false narrative by organisations like the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign (PSC) and others who promote divisive and bullying agendas.
In this General Election we want to change that narrative.
SFI has partnered with the Israel Britain Alliance (IBA) and we are asking supporters like you to contact the candidates in their constituency and ask them to support A Pledge for Israel.
The pledge reads:
If elected to the United Kingdom Parliament I Pledge…
• To oppose the extremists who challenge Israel’s right to exist.
• To support the right of people in the United Kingdom to enjoy Israeli culture and promote business, educational, religious and other connections with the Jewish State without fear of discrimination, boycotts, harassment and/or intimidation.
• To support those who genuinely seek to promote and establish a permanent, just and comprehensive peace between Israel and its neighbours.
• To celebrate the fact that Israel is a free society and parliamentary democracy that extends to all its citizens the right to practice their religion and have access to religious sites in Jerusalem.
• To support the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) working definition of anti-Semitism
• To encourage HM Government to promote trade with Israel that will increase investment and jobs for people in both countries
All you need to do is follow these simple instructions and you can join the campaign:
Go to: www.israelbritain.org.uk/sfi/
Add your name, surname and email address on the first page and you can also add extra family members if you wish.
When you get a response you’ll be able to judge which candidates have a heart for Israel.
Finally, to enable us to keep tabs on responses can you ask your supporters to send any responses you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will help us ensure that successful candidates keep their Pledge for Israel.
Every email counts, so please join our campaign.